Say hello to South Loop’s newest Luxury Apartment building, NEMA Chicago. Sitting adjacent to the southwest corner of Grant Park, this stunning tower boasts breathtaking city, lake and Grant Park views. Architecturally designed by world famous Rafael Viñoly, with interiors thoughtfully executed by Chicago local David Rockwell, this luxurious urban community has all the bells and whistles and doesn’t hold back to impress.
What Makes NEMA Chicago Different
Currently, NEMA Chicago is the city’s tallest rental residence, sitting at 896 feet with 800 apartments to offer, making apartment hunting a cinch with all it has to offer. What I love about NEMA is their ability to create a lavish, yet convenient apartment high-rise, and host to several urban luxuries. Residents are going to LOVE being home!
NEMA Chicago is not just an architectural idea, but an urban design idea.
-Rafael Viñoly, Architect.
What sets NEMA apart from all the other high-rises is that Viñoly incorporated architectural features from other famous Chicago buildings, especially paying homage to Willis Tower. Another impressive feature is their “Skyline” residences, occupying floors 49-76 and filled with luxe upscale apartments with extended ceiling heights, premium finishes and their own set of private amenities.
What to Expect Living at NEMA Chicago
Offering studios to 4-bedrooms, these thoughtfully crafted units offer spacious layouts that include:
- Expansive floor-to-ceiling windows.
- 9’ ceilings.
- 6-inch wide plank flooring.
- Custom-designed David Rockwell kitchen pendant.
- Caesarstone countertops and seamless backsplashes.
- Blomberg stainless steel gas range and dishwasher.
- Walk-in closets with customizable Elfa closet organization.
- In-unit full-size washer and dryer.
- Locally sourced, soft close kitchen cabinetry.
You couldn’t ask for more with their spacious, customized kitchens and open concept designs. One of my favorite features is offered in their studio layouts, which have a separate sleeping nook that can be easily divided from the living and dining space. It’s a well thought out floor plan with impeccable attention to detail.
Features and Amenities
NEMA went all out and catered their amenities to the residents. Beautifully crafted, this state-of-the-art building pulled out all the bells and whistles to impress with over 70,000 square feet of amenity space. Here are some of the grand offerings:
- 10,000 square foot resort-style outdoor pool with daybeds and spa pools.
- Private outdoor entertaining areas with 65” TVs and BBQ grills
- Urban indoor/outdoor lounge space with fire features, seating, pool table, and kitchenette
- 75 ft indoor lap pool with expansive floor-to-ceiling windows and lush city views
- Steam room and sauna
- Impressive fitness center that features a boxing ring, extensive training, and cardio equipment and Peloton bikes
- Indoor golf simulator
- Spin, yoga, and pilates studio with private classes
- Squash court and basketball court
- Spa suite
- Kids club with colorful indoor and outdoor area for your little ones
- “Pet Spaw” featuring two playrooms and outdoor turf for your canine companion
My favorite feature is “The Station”, their personal sports bar that actually serves alcohol (they got their own liquor license). Named after Central Station, where the original railroad terminal was built, “The Station” is equipped with a TV, old school arcade games and opens to the Park Terrace with stunning views of Grant Park. It’s the perfect place to host friends and family for that big game!
Why Choose A South Loop Luxury Apartment
The South Loop is an urban oasis, offering the perfect combination of green space balanced with restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. You’ll also love the close proximity to downtown, with easy access to both the CTA and highways.
You can’t go wrong with the many great South Loop culinary establishments such as Acadia, Bongo Room, and Flo and Santos. Home to Grant Park, which is famous for its huge outdoor summer festivals, concerts, events, as well as Museum Campus, South Loop has become a bustling hub for the city’s endless schedule of festivals and fairs, including the famous week-long Taste of Chicago.
It’s remarkable how fast the South Loop has changed the complexion of Chicago. Only a few short years ago, luxury apartments like NEMA were reserved for the Loop, River North or the Gold Coast. If you’re interested in more info on NEMA Chicago or any luxury Chicago apartments, give us a shout! We’d love to help you find the perfect apartment just for you!
Photos courtesy of NEMA Chicago.