I’ve lived between Evanston and Chicago for my whole life, approaching half a century now (ugh) and have watched the city transform, one high-rise at a time. There’s just something about watching those glass towers reach to the sky that’s awe-inspiring, don’t you think?
I’m so pleased to tell you all about the newest, most modern residential high-rise in our city. It’s rather ironic that it’s smack dab in the middle of… you guessed, Old Town!
Introducing: TWO Old Town Park
Having such a brand new, luxury building in one of the city’s most established neighborhoods is special and unique. I can’t get over how well it blends with the old world charm of this iconic neighborhood, amongst vintage pubs and traditional storefronts. Somehow, it all works in harmony!
The doors of Two Old Town Park swung open February 1, 2020, and the place is absolutely amazing. Pushing up 39 stories with 428 residential units, this property has everything you’d expect in luxury …and then some.
Old Town Neighborhood Charm
The building has so much to offer, but it’s greatest amenity just might be the neighborhood itself. Stepping outside of tower two is like going back to the future, literally.
As the city has grown, Old Town’s charm has remained. It’s a cozy neighborhood with neatly-kept older homes and walk-ups nestled along quaint, tree-lined vintage streets.
It’s bursting at the seams with old architecture. I love the character the Victorian-era buildings bring to Old Town. Saint Michael’s Church – one of only seven buildings that survived the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 – has always been a favorite of mine.
Two Old Town Park Units
The unit types in this beautiful new tower are plentiful and include:
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bedroom +Flex
- 2 Bedroom
- 3 Bedroom
- 3 Bedroom Penthouses
- 2 Bedroom Townhomes
I’ve poured over these floor plans and my favorites are…
The 1-Bedroom + Flex Layout
This space offers just a bit more elbow room than a standard 1-bedroom. The flex space is perfect for an office, den or guest area. The flex space here isn’t just a “nook”, but an actual room with a door that adds privacy.
The 2-Bedroom Layout
This spacious 2-bedroom floor plan creates added privacy for roommates, space for children, or even dedicated office space. My favorite feature though is that ensuite master bath and walk-in closet.
The (Beautiful!) Details
There’s something about a brand new apartment building I can’t get enough of. If you like the feel of fresh-cut leather furniture and the smell of a new car, you’re going to fall in love with these brand new units.
Designers went all out in providing beautiful cabinets, countertops, and appliances in all the units. (details below*)
Downright Amazing Amenities
The best part of living in luxury is the extras, am I right? Two Old Town Park does not disappoint in the amenities department.
My favorites include:
- Outdoor Family Play Space: This is amazing for people with or without kids. I mean, let’s face it… people with kids want a space for their kids to play with other kids – and people without kids want them to have their own space too!
- Outdoor Alfresco Theater and Dining: This is seriously cool!
- Dog Run and Pet Spa: Love the Chicago winter-friendly heated outdoor dog run (brilliant!) and on-site dog spa.
- Tech Station and Workspace: When you’ve got to work, you might as well do it from your castle, right?
- Game Room: Gather your friends and make it a game night! This space is so fun and chill!
- Outdoor Pool, Hot Tub, and Sun Deck: Need I say more? Bring on summer!
- Indoor Spa with Hot Tub and Sauna: Since winter will inevitably return.
- Automated Amazon Hub Package Lockers: An online-shoppers dream!
You’re going to fall in love with all the outdoor dining areas on this property. Sure, nearly every luxury building these days has an outdoor amenity space, but this just feels… different. There are a total of six spaces dedicated to outdoor dining and drinking:
- Two Outdoor Dining Terraces
- Outdoor Fireside Lounge
- Tasting Room
- Skyline Lounge
- Community Kitchen
- Private Outdoor Kitchens with Dining Areas
- Private Dining Room
Is fitness more your jam? There are plenty of places on the property to keep (or get) in shape:
- Fitness Center
- Spin/Yoga Studio
- Indoor Basketball Court with scoreboard
We all know it’s impossible to browse apartment listings without encountering the well-worn mantra, “Close to Everything!” Well, yea, every high-rise in Chicago is close to everything. Newsflash: It’s the city! So, the real question is, “Just how close?” This is where Two Old Town Park seriously delivers.
Great spots like Gluntz Tavern, Blue Door, and Plum Market are within two blocks. That’s less than a 5-minute walk!
Oak Street Beach and both Seward and Washington parks are within a 15-minute walk. If you have a driving commute to the burbs, both Lake Shore Drive and I-94 are less than ten minutes away. Things get done here quickly, and on days-off, a pub crawl with friends won’t require an Uber!
When you live in Old Town, you can grab a wine at The House of Glunz (established in 1888) and five minutes later be watching an outdoor movie atop your new apartment overlooking downtown (established in 2020). Pretty cool, right?!
So, there you have it. Old Town goes New again with the introduction of Old Town Park Tower Two. Just one more reason Old Town continues to be so irresistible and charming.
If you’re looking for a Chicago leasing agent who can give you an insider’s look at Old Town Park Tower or other luxury apartments in downtown Chicago, give me a shout. I’d be more than happy to help you get in an incredible apartment.
*Finish/Appliance breakdown as referenced above.
- Wide plank Hardwood Flooring
- Floor-to-Ceiling Windows framing city views and Lake Michigan
- European Flat Panel Cabinetry
- Quartz Waterfall Countertops and Full-Height backsplashes
- Bloomberg and Fulgor Milano Appliances
- Spa Inspired Finishes
- Glass Showers with Large Format Tile
- Spacious Mirrored Medicine Cabinets
- GE Washer/Dryer
Building photos courtesy of Two Old Town Park